A permit is required if:
- Water is to be drained into a legal ditch.
- A ditch is to be repaired.
- A marsh is to be drained.
- A dike is to be constructed or altered.
- A reservoir is to be drained or constructed.
- A bridge, culvert, or drain is to be installed or changed.
- A natural waterway, lake, or marsh is to be changed.
- Construction is to be done near a waterway, lake, or marsh.
Search the Permit Database
The Red Lake Watershed District maintains a searchable database of permits from 1969 to the present. A permit search can be initiated from a text entry form or with our interactive online map.